Hydra X provides regulatory-compliant, enterprise-ready solutions to prepare institutional clients for the future of finance. We seek to bridge the transition to a tokenised capital markets ecosystem by offering asset-agnostic solutions which allow interoperability between traditional and digital assets. Our clients include exchanges, banks, brokerages, and other financial institutions.
We are currently embarking on a significant growth plan to expand our business and are looking for a Compliance Officer to join our legal, risk and compliance function.
This is an opportunity to join an entrepreneurial team, focussed on innovation and building outstanding products to support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Develop and implement compliance policies, SOPs and guidelines (i.e. confidentiality, data protection)
- Develop, implement and maintain AML/CFT requirements for the company
- Support periodic review and enhancements of compliance policies, SOP and guidelines
- Perform periodic compliance monitoring and follow up on any potential violations of internal policies
- Provide advisory support to the business and management team on regulatory and compliance matters
- Implement regular and ad-hoc compliance training for internal stakeholders
- Work together with the company’s in-house counsel on local and foreign regulatory license applications
- Liaise with local and foreign regulators on regulatory issues and submission of periodic reports
- Manage regulatory compliance with licence conditions, applicable legislation, rules and regulations that govern the company
- Assist in audits by handling and responding to requests, queries and observations from regulators and auditors
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5 + years in a previous compliance position at a banking, trading, exchange or payments institution with AML/CFT experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Finance, Accounting, Business Economics or a related field
- Comprehensive knowledge of the regulatory environment in the Singapore (e.g. CMSL, RMO, PSA compliance requirements)
- Familiar with AML and KYC best practices in Singapore, and ideally, with the APAC region
- Experience in license applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Independent learner with a “can do” attitude
- Experience or established relationships in any of the following industries would be a plus point: Banking, Cryptocurrency, Trading, Markets, or Exchanges.
- Professional compliance certification, particularly in AML/CFT would be viewed favourably