Transaction Services specializes in carrying out due diligence for clients who are looking to acquire (buy-side) or divest (sell-side) companies and businesses.
Our buy-side transaction services include financial, tax, commercial and operational due diligence. These help our clients identify the key issues and potential risks in the target’s business, including quality of earnings, quality of assets, customer and supplier matters, achievement of synergies, financial reporting, tax and accounting structuring, achievement of projections, and integration risk assessment. Buy-side transaction clients are broadly classified as financial buyers (private equity funds) and corporate buyers.
Sell-side transactions services assist sellers in planning and implementing a broad range of divestiture-related activities from presale evaluation through closing and post-closing requirements, while addressing complex accounting issues and financial reporting matters encountered at every stage of the divestiture process. Our assistance is designed to protect sellers against value erosion and capture more value from the sales process. These engagements can provide a range of pre/post-transaction support to the seller including, but not limited to:
- Conducting a rapid assessment and presale due diligence to highlight issues likely to be raised by buyers, information requirements, and timeline implications
- Assisting client management with its data room and data book preparation
- Assisting client management with carve-out financial statement preparation
- Providing input into legal agreements and purchase price adjustments
- Assisting with separation planning and execution
- Providing technical accounting and tax advice.
- Structure and lead multiple large and complex assignments in rapidly changing environments
- Manage multiple priorities in a proficient manner
- Manage the client’s expectations and ensure smooth delivery of deliverables within the given timeline Business development
- Build and sustain relationships with management team members of the client / potential client
- Identify opportunities for the Firm and develop propositions, with a focus on client’s requirements
- Identify and manage risks, ensuring the Firm's risk management frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively across all engagements
- Identify team member development needs and accelerate development by establishing the appropriate plans and frameworks with particular emphasis on coaching and skills transfer
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting or equivalent
- Professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA or ICAEW is highly preferred
- Minimum 6 years' of relevant working experience
- Knowledge of current MFRSs and IFRSs and experience in due diligence / audit
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Strong team leader with high initiative and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions
- Ability to lead and operate in high performing, multi-disciplinary teams. It is expected that successful candidates would have either significant transaction services experience or the aptitude and drive to develop the required transaction services skills