Since establishing its presence in 1928, KPMG Malaysia has grown to be a part of KPMG’s global success. With more than 1900 professionals located across 9 offices nationwide, KPMG in Malaysia provides services ranging from assurance and tax to financial advisory and business advisory. At KPMG, we are passionate about working with our clients to deliver exceptional value, we provide the environment for our people to flourish and realized their full potential and we continuously extend the frontiers of our shared knowledge.
Our clients’ use of IT often has a significant effect on our audit plan. As part of the audit team, the primary functions of IRM Specialist are to evaluate the systems and applications that are in place to guard an organization's information particularly on the financial reporting. Specifically, information technology audits are used to evaluate the organization's ability to protect its information assets and to properly dispense information to authorized parties. IRM Specialists obtain an understanding of the entity's IT environments and its application controls. When performing risk assessment procedures, we identify significant risks or financial statement level risks related to IT and determining the effect of IT on the audit.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a renowned, fast paced specialist team with good career development opportunities in KPMG.
• Assesses the entity level risk during the audit planning and identify key IT elements relevant to financial reporting;
• Obtain understanding and evaluate the complex business processes and report the
identified risks arising from the entity’s use of IT which are relevant to the audit;
• Identify the key IT application controls within business processes;
• Evaluate the design and implementation of General IT Controls and IT application controls (“ITAC”);
• Testing of operating effectiveness of General IT Controls and application controls;
• Provide improvement points relating to the ITAC to audit engagement team;
• Periodic, timely status updates for IRM manager;
• Identify and communicate IT audit findings to clients;
• To identify performance improvement opportunities for assigned clients.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology/Accounting/any related field.
• Candidates with CISA and/or related certifications would be an advantage.
• Independent, self-motivated, organized and results oriented individual capable of handling
multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
• A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong command of English (both written and spoken).
• Strong interest in the IT, business processes and accounting.
• Experience in business ERP applications (i.e. SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics ERP, etc. ), databases (i.e. SQL, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, operating system (i.e. Mainframe/Unix/Linux/Windows) and analytical tools (i.e. IDEA, ACL, Tableau, etc. ) would be a plus.