KPMG in Malaysia provides audit, tax and advisory services. Established in 1928, not only is our firm one of the oldest in Malaysia, but also the oldest KPMG firm in the Asia Pacific region. With approximately over 2000 staff positioned in 8 offices nationwide, our goal is turn knowledge into value for the benefit of our clients, our people, and the capital markets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a renowned, fast-paced and professional organisation with good career development opportunities.
- High level of sustainability knowledge with expertise on various fields. Offer specialised consulting and knowledge in most of the following areas: sustainability management and reporting, environmental management systems and environmental performance, occupational health and safety management systems and performance & stakeholder engagement;
- Manage and support the Project Managers to deliver effectively, to a high quality, and on time;
- Ensure that all deliverables meet the set expectations and quality prior to being sent to the client;
- Client Engagements: Support client engagements and interviews, focusing on the most senior level engagements with Senior Management and Board of Directors;
- To support for all client-level presentations and trainings from project kick-off, client executive
management and sustainability team trainings as well as presentations;
- Prepare (with the Project Manager) and deliver relevant presentations for various clients. This will
require proficiency and understanding of the business case for sustainability, communicating
benchmarking, analysis and research in a comprehensive and concise manner;
- To meet potential clients, designing and developing proposals and following-up until contracts are signed and projects are won.
*Position grade for successful shortlisted candidates will be based upon the assessment of the candidate's profile during the interview session, if invited.
1. For Experienced Hires, experience working in sustainability reporting/assurance, corporate
responsibility, management consulting, advisory or equivalent is highly preferable;
2. Degree from an accredited university, sustainability academic focus is strongly preferred. Specific accreditation in GRI or AA1000 or its equivalent, will be an advantage.
Desired working experience:
1. Good working knowledge of both local and global standards/ guidelines/topics/trends related to sustainability (e.g. Global Reporting Initiative (GRI G4), Listing Requirements on Sustainability Reporting, Carbon Disclosure Project, AA1000, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001, etc.);
2. Knowledge and experience working to deliver sustainability reporting (e.g. training on sustainability reporting, stakeholder engagements, materiality assessments, development of sustainability statements, etc.) and implementation of sustainability initiatives;
3. Knowledge of project management, team management, and quality management systems.
1. Efficient, highly effective work ethic - able to work in a fast-paced environment;
2. Ability to work in 3 or more projects at one time; averaging 5 projects at one time;
3. Ability to work in and contribute to the effective delivery of project deliverables, outputs, and support the growth of project team members;
4. Ability to analyse regional and client sustainability data as well as information, create interesting and engaging findings, and present the information in a concise manner;
5. Ability to support Project Manager in conducting sustainability trainings at the most senior levels
(executive management teams and boards);
6. Ability to support in client interviews and catalyse engaging conversations with stakeholders on
challenging and leading edge topics (at the most senior levels);
7. Highly proficient with computers, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the internet;
8. Fluency in English – reading, speaking, writing.