Senior Backend Engineer
At Pulsifi, we believe that there is a pulse to each person that defines who we are, what we are good at, and what we can become. We help people and organizations realize their pulse.
Pulsifi is an HR technology company creating a People Data Platform, the next generation decision platform for recruitment and talent management. Combining HR best practices with artificial intelligence, we develop deep predictive actionable insights into people and organizations in ways not possible before, creating new golden standards for HR practitioners globally.
Pulsifi is founded and led by experienced professionals from the technology and HR industries, and the team is currently based across Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.
We are looking for talented, self-driven and passionate senior backend engineer to join our team in Kuala Lumpur. This role will report to our Software Architect. Everything we do is predicated on having a great team and a culture of continuous learning. We welcome any talented developers regardless of your formal education. A university degree is not a requirement.
We are looking for developers who:
- Are customer-focused, driven and passionate in creating premier experiences through well designed, tested and maintainable code-bases
- Always looking to learn and improve
- Independent self-learners who love to share what they find
- Team-focused, pragmatic engineers who enjoy working on small, agile teams
- Have a self-driven work ethic
- Self-starters who love taking initiative and seeing things through to completion
- Have passion in building products that are fun and easy to use
- Enjoy collaborating with other engineers, reviewing code, and making recommendations on technique or approach
What you will do:
- Design and develop REST API using Node.js (knowledge on NestJS would be a bonus)
- Ensure a highly secure infrastructure and scalable architecture
- Contribute to design and improve service-based architectures
- Work with third-party APIs and vendors
- Assist in leading, guiding and mentoring of junior developers
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, UX designers and Product Manager to drive high quality, on-time deliverables
- Provide technical expertise and peer code reviews to other team members
- Assist in quality assurance process and customer issue resolution
- Develop and maintain comprehensive technical design documentation - development standards, system architecture, high level and detailed design etc.
You have one or more of these skills:
- Experience / best practice knowledge with a wide variety of languages and frameworks, with recent in-depth expertise in creating & managing REST APIs using Node.js
- Good experience in developing microservices using Node.js and other server-side technologies
- Good knowledge of Postgres database and ORM framework
- Cloud knowledge and familiarity with AWS
- Knowledge of working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with enterprise ATS/HRMS integration - e.g.: SAP, SuccessFactor, Workday etc. would be a bonus
- Experience in developing modern web front-ends using React or Angular would be a bonus
- Experience with Identity Service Provider (Auth0, Okta, Azure AD etc)
- Proficiency with version control (e.g.: GitHub), unit testing, and collaborative development