We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what’s possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands – Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman – was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We’re always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
The unique aspect of the Tapestry Management Associate Program (TMAP) is the rotational nature where Management Associates are given the opportunity to gain diverse exposure and developing them to be a versatile and agile leader in our company. This is a role for our Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) pathway.
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) (i.e. Sustainability) is becoming increasingly important to Tapestry and the fashion industry.
Tapestry’s 2025 Corporate Responsibility strategy, The Fabric of Change, unites teams across our businesses to meet our 2025 Corporate Responsibility Goals and a shared objective: to create a modern luxury company of the future that balances fashion authority with meaningful, positive change. The Management Associate will learn about and support the rolling out of Tapestry’s responsible sourcing strategy both for social/human rights and the environment across Tapestry’s supply chain.
The team focuses on the following:
Manages the ESG Responsible Sourcing Pillar: leads, develops, and evolves Tapestry’s supply chain responsibility program, with a focus on identifying and developing strategies to mitigate and remediate risk, and create positive social and environmental impact in Tapestry’s supply chain.
The MA contribution will cover both Human Rights and Environmental on the following:
Project development & coordination
In alignment with the Responsible Sourcing strategy roll-out, the MA will:
· Coordinate the delivery of the Environmental Sustainability Framework’s workplan
· Support the development and the coordination of specific sustainability projects (e.g. Sustainable Chemical Management, Waste management, Workers’ Voice, Grievance Mechanism) within TPR supply chain
· Coordinate suppliers’ capability building initiatives (social and/or environment).
Research and Data Analytics
· General ESG/Sustainability research and benchmarking to support various programs/initiatives
· Gather and consolidate data for projects and/or reporting on progress towards social and sustainability impact of projects and programmes
· Analytics: Perform analysis and create dashboards and reports (e.g. performance vs. goals, progress tracking, scenario planning, etc.).
During these 12 months, the Management Associates will be given a singular overview of how different functions, teams and brands operate - from the day in the life to navigating around the complexities of retail landscape. There will be potential job opportunities for talents who performed exceptionally well during the program.
Rotations to the following will be included:
· Store attachment to understand Tapestry fundamentals
· Different value chains of the business to build a holistic insight of our brand preposition
· Assigned with departmental responsibilities including special assignments and projects
· Hands-on exposure to an extensive range of business functions and learnings.
· Market Visit to one of our SEA market for a field trip
In addition to the business activities, Management Associates will be supported with the following:
· Permanent employment upon graduation of the program, if eligible
· Cross functional rotational framework
· 1 to 1 mentorship and tripartite program support
· Networking sessions with Tapestry Leadership Team
· Diversified training modules and “Inside Tapestry” sessions
The accomplished individual will possess...
· Excellent communication and value teamwork
· A structured and thorough mind
· Curiosity and creativity
· Initiative and resourcefulness
· Technical Skills: Excel, PowerPoint
· High interest for the fashion retail industry
· Class of 2023 with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a recognized University (NTU, NUS, SMU, SIT, SUTD, Lasalle) and / or with less than three years of relevant work experience.
· Exhibit values of Tapestry’s competencies
Our Competencies for All Employees
Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/